Our Services

Residential Conveyancing

You may have bought or Sold through a Real Estate Agent who will arrange for the Contract of Sale and Form 1 Statements to be executed by all parties. Once this step is completed your Conveyancer requires those documents to complete the legal paperwork required to complete the Transfer of your Property with the Lands Titles Office and other associated government departments.

Your Conveyancer liaises with your Financial Institution and organises settlement of the property conveyancing and also attends Settlement on your behalf. Effective from May 2016 your settlement may be completed via electronic settlement or it’s paper equivalent. Click here for more information on electronic conveyancing.

Obviously this is a simplified version of what a Conveyancer actually does for you when you buy or sell your home, but retaining an experienced Conveyancer is beneficial to ensure that one of the biggest transactions that may occur in your life is looked after and handled professionally.

Private Sale or Purchase

Similarly, you may have negotiated with someone Selling their house or wanting to buy your house direct without the services of a Real Estate Agent. You will then need to have a Private Contract drawn up between the Parties negotiating the Sale & Purchase.

A Conveyancer is able to quickly and effectively complete a Private Contract for you and more importantly advise you carefully about what is required for you to ensure that what you have negotiated with the other party is protected within the Contract and properly drafted to look after your Interests. At this time you will also receive advice with respect to doing relevant Government Searches to enable a Form 1 under Section 7 of the Land & Business Sales & Conveyancing Act to be completed to provide the Purchaser with their Lawful Cooling off rights.

Each party is entitled to have independent representation for their settlement and we strongly recommend that each vendor and Purchaser retains the services of their own Conveyancer to ensure that their interests are looked after during the transaction. Four Points Conveyancing will represent both parties to a transaction providing that mutual consent is given by both parties for Four Points Conveyancing to act for both parties.